Welcome to York Bookbinding
Specialists in Book Restoration, Theses Binding & Wedding Albums
About York Bookbinding
Philip Winskill started York Bookbinding in January 2000, following the closure of the York University bindery.
He is an apprentice trained bookbinder with over 37 years experience. He worked for 25 years binding mostly periodicals, monographs, theses and book restoration and repair. He also gained lots of experience on miscellaneous work, such as presentation bindings and boxes to hold special collections.
A WIDE RANGE OF SERVICES
- Sympathetic book restoration
- Theses & Dissertation binding
- Periodical and magazine binding
- Bespoke stationary bindings
- Solander “Clam Shell” boxes and slip cases
- Lettering to wallets, diaries, satchels, gun bags etc
- Presentation folders for University degrees & corporate documents
- Book scanning and binding
- Memoirs & Family History books
- “Introduction to Bookbinding” workshops for your venue