York bookbinders with over 50 years experience
Philip Winskill started York Bookbinding in January 2000, following the closure of the York University bindery.
He is an apprentice trained bookbinder with over 37 years experience. He worked for 25 years binding mostly periodicals, monographs, theses and book restoration and repair. He also gained lots of experience on miscellaneous work, such as presentation bindings and boxes to hold special collections.
At YORK BOOKBINDING we now have bookbinders with over 50 years experience, providing a wide range of knowledge to advise and help our customers from all areas of the UK, including London, Leeds, Newcastle, Glasgow, Hull, Manchester, Liverpool, Wales and York.
We bind and repair books for a large number of Universities and academic institutions from all over Britain.
Our range of bookbinding services include:-
- Sympathetic book restoration.
- Theses & Dissertation binding.
- Periodical and magazine binding
- Bespoke stationary bindings.
- Solander “Clam Shell” boxes and slip cases.
- Lettering to wallets, diaries, satchels, gun bags etc.
- Presentation folders for University degrees & corporate documents.
- Book scanning and binding
- Memoirs and Family History books